We have tested Forza Motorsport 7 with 23 different graphics cards, starting from the low-range RX 550 to high-end Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64. For measuring the performance, we used the built-in benchmarks within the game.
Our test GPU system consists of the following components:
- Intel Core i9 7900X Skylake-X 10-core CPU @ 4,5 GHz
- ASUS Strix X299-E Gaming moederbord
- G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB DDR4-3200 CL14 geheugen
- 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 TB SSD
- Windows 10 64-bit Creators Update
For both the AMD and the Nvidia GPUs, we used the newest gaming drivers available. AMD - Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.10.1 and Nvidia – version 387.92. After some performance issues were reported when running Forza Motorsport 7 on Nvidia cards, Nvidia have released a driver update to fix those issues specifically.
Because we could not get the SLI and Crossfire to work in Forza Motorsport 7, we are missing those results in the review.