Toshiba expands its line of professional laptops with the Satellite Pro S500. This allround notebook is equipped with a 15,6-inch screen and intended for business use by home workers, as well as small corporations.
The new model is equipped with Intel's latest Core i3 and i5-processors. Toshiba claims that the laptop optimizes the ergonomics and design. The system has a numerical keypad, extra-large touchpad, and comes with Toshiba's LifeSpace software, which can be used for project organising (Toshiba Bulletin Board) and faster file searching (Toshiba RealTime). Like its Tecra counterparts, the S500 also withstands falling from heights of up to 70 cm, as well as having liquids spilled on its keyboard. (up to 30 ml).
The new Satellite Pro is to cost about 650 euro.
- 15,6 inch (39,6 cm) TruBrite HD-scherm with LED backlight (16:9)
- DVD SuperMulti +-R DL
- Wireless connectivity: WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, prepared for mobile broadband
- Combined USB 2.0 Sleep-and-Charge/eSATA-port, VGA, RJ45, serial port, Mini Display Port
- HD-webcam en microphone; Toshiba LifeSpace software to organize data; numerical keypad, extra large touchpad
- Security: Intel AMT 6.0 Computrace present in BIOS, finger print authentication
- Docking for easy peripheral-connecting
- 2,5 inch hard disk with 3D Accelerometer data protection
- RAM: up to 8 GB DDR3 (1066 MHz)
- CPU: Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional