Toshiba announced the Qosmio G35-AV660 with the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, an enhanced version of its industry-leading digital entertainment notebook PC with HD DVD-ROM drive Taking advantage of the latest Intel Centrino Duo mobile platform, the Qosmio G35-AV660 with HD DVD-ROM offers unparalleled multimedia performance for enjoying the realism and clarity of high-definition movies in a portable form factor.
The increased processing power also enhances the standard capabilities of Toshiba's Qosmio notebook line, such as viewing live TV from a cable or satellite feed with an integrated TV tuner, recording and pausing live TV or recording future programs through a digital video recorder (DVR), managing or playing video or audio files, or multi-tasking with other applications. In addition, the Qosmio G35-AV660 incorporates two 5400 RPM serial ATA 120GB hard drives for storage of TV programs, music and other files as well as 2048MB DDR2 memory.
"The Qosmio G35-AV660 combines the most feature-rich audio-video notebook on the market today with one of the most powerful processors available with the Intel Core 2 Duo processor," said Jeff Barney, vice president of marketing for Toshiba's Digital Products Division. "Digital entertainment enthusiasts will appreciate the additional processing performance for HD DVD playback as well as for music, gaming, TV, video editing and PC multi-tasking," Barney said.
"Based on the new Intel Core Microarchitecture, the industry's most power-efficient and high-performance microprocessor design, the new Intel Core 2 Duo Processor delivers a dramatic leap forward in performance," said Erik Reid, director product marketing, Intel's Mobile Platforms Group. "Powered by the Intel Core 2 Duo, the Qosmio G35-AV660 meets the demands of today's most avid multimedia enthusiasts who desire an immersive digital entertainment experience."
The Qosmio's HD DVD-ROM drive is a multi-function drive that not only supports HD DVD playback but features a DVD SuperMulti that reads and writes current DVD formats and can nearly double storage capacity in dual-layer format.
To fully experience and enjoy HD DVD movies as well as games and other multimedia content, the Qosmio G35-AV660 also features:
- an Ultimate TruBrite widescreen display with 1920x1200 resolution and 1080p high-definition format;
- Toshiba's proprietary QosmioEngine digital video processing system for crystal-clear digital images and bright colors;
- HDMI port with support for 1080i, enabling connectivity to a high-definition TV for output of HD DVD content;
- Dolby Home Theater, delivering a rich, engaging surround sound experience from stereo and multichannel audio sources through headphone, 2-channel or 5.1-channel speaker systems;
- a 1-bit digital amplifier, usually found in high-end audio systems, that enables a higher quality signal;
- Bass Reflex Speaker technology from harman/kardon(R), enabling richer audio and a deeper bass;
- and Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
In addition to enhancing the processing speed, the integrated Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2, 667MHz FSB) is Intel's most energy-efficient dual-core performance mobile processor, conserving critical power resources while reducing fan noise and heat.
The estimated single unit price of the Qosmio G35-AV650 is $3,499.99.