Imation has expanded its line of secure USB hard disks with drives in capacities of up to 1 TB. The drives have optional finger print authentication and central disk management features. They also offer encryption, remote deactivation and remote formatting of the disk's contents. With its new disks, Imation hopes to meet the increasing demands for secure portable data in larger capacities.
With more organisations encrypting their hard disks in both notebooks and PCs, Imation claims the logical next step is to secure all portable devices. The new encrypted external USB flash drives and hard disks will fix the often outdated data security within businesses, the company says.
Imation offers the following functions and management options:
- Up to ten users per device with a one-factor or two-factor authentication. Support for complex password enforcing, with additional options for length, symbols and expiration.
- Imation ACCESS Enterprise central management to create custom security policies
- Administration through McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator software.
The encrypted hard disks contain the following features:
- FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2, Level 3 validated security processor.
- AES 256-bits hardware-encryption.
- One or two-factor authentication. Users can choose between models with authentication by just a password and authentication with a password plus a fingerprint scan.
- A sealed aluminium chassis which will immediately reveal whether the drive has been tampered with